Monthly contracts are available for physical delivery for the entire calendar month. The price and quantum of gas to be traded is determined through double-sided uniform price auction method.
The price and quantum of gas to be traded are determined through double-sided uniform price auction method.
Trading of contracts for delivery from 06:00 hrs (D) to 06:00 hrs on for the entire month
Double-sided anonymous auction bidding process.
Trading window will be available five days before the start of delivery for both the contracts.
Offers both delivered and ex-hub contracts.
Trading window will be available six days before the start of the delivery.
Risk management through the requisite margin, including any additional margin as specified for the respective trading segment or the type of contracts in the Market Rules
- Participants enter bids for sale or purchase of gas for delivery depending on its contract specification.
- Bidding session: 1000 Hrs. – 1200 Hrs.
- The bids entered are stored in the central order book. The bids entered during this phase can be revised or cancelled till end of bid call period i.e.12:00 hrs. of trading day.
- At the end of the bidding session, bids for each buy and sell order are matched using the price calculation algorithm.
- All purchase bids and sale offers are aggregated in the unconstrained scenario. The aggregate supply and demand curves are drawn on Price-Quantity axes. The intersection point of the two curves gives the market clearing price (MCP) and market clearing volume (MCV) corresponding to price and quantity of the intersection point.
- MCP and MCV are determined for each contract as a function of demand and supply which is common for the selected buyers and sellers.
- Selected members are intimated about their partially or fully executed bids and other trade related information.
Pipeline Capacity Availability and Funds Availability
- Preliminary MCP and MCV are used to calculate the provisional obligation of the selected participants and the provisional gas flow.
- Funds availability in the settlement accounts of the participants is verified based on the provisional obligation.
- In case of insufficient funds, the bids entered by such a participant are deleted.
- Required pipeline capacity and provisional gas flow is sent to pipeline operators (Transporters) for scrutiny and allocation is requisitioned based on availability.
- Based on the confirmation from pipeline operators, IGX calculates the final MCP and MCV.
- Obligation is sent to the Clearing Banks for Pay in from buying Members and the Bank is asked to confirm the same.
- Results for confirmation and application for scheduling of Collective Transactions are sent to the buyer and pipeline operator.
- The final confirmation through schedule will be sent by pipeline operators to IGX.