Monthly contracts are available for physical delivery for the entire calendar month. The price and quantum of gas to be traded is determined through double-sided uniform price auction method.
The price and quantum of gas to be traded are determined through double-sided uniform price auction method.
Trading of contracts for delivery from 06:00 hrs (D) to 06:00 hrs on for the entire month
Double-sided anonymous auction bidding process.
Trading window will be available five days before the start of delivery for both the contracts.
Offers both delivered and ex-hub contracts.
Trading window will be available six days before the start of the delivery.
Risk management through the requisite margin, including any additional margin as specified for the respective trading segment or the type of contracts in the Market Rules
- Participants enter bids for sale or purchase of gas for delivery depending on its contract specification.
- Bidding session: 1000 Hrs. – 1200 Hrs.
- The bids entered are stored in the central order book. The bids entered during this phase can be revised or cancelled till end of bid call period i.e.12:00 hrs. of trading day.
- At the end of the bidding session, bids for each buy and sell order are matched using the price calculation algorithm.
- All purchase bids and sale offers are aggregated in the unconstrained scenario. The aggregate supply and demand curves are drawn on Price-Quantity axes. The intersection point of the two curves gives the market clearing price (MCP) and market clearing volume (MCV) corresponding to price and quantity of the intersection point.
- MCP and MCV are determined for each contract as a function of demand and supply which is common for the selected buyers and sellers.
- Selected members are intimated about their partially or fully executed bids and other trade related information.
Pipeline Capacity Availability and Funds Availability
- MCP and MCV are used to calculate the obligation of the selected participants.
- Funds availability in the settlement accounts of the participants is verified based on the obligation.
- In case of insufficient funds, the trades of such a participant are deleted.
- Required pipeline capacity is sent to pipeline operators (Transporters) for scrutiny and allocation is requisitioned based on availability.
- Confirmation of capacity booking from pipeline operators received to buyer in Ex-Hub and IGX in Delivered transactions.
- Obligation is sent to the Clearing Banks for Pay in from buying Members and the Bank is asked to confirm the same.
- Daily Nomination are sent to pipeline operator from buyer in Ex-Hub and IGX in Delivered transactions.
Scheduling and Allocation
- Schedule will be sent by pipeline operators to Buyer/IGX. Also based on allocation quantity the pay-out will be released to seller.